Thursday 13 November 2008

Questionmark reflect

I've just completed a couple of assessments in Questionmark. Both were multiple chioce and in one of them I got 8 out of 11 questions right. Yet the score came back as 20 out of 29 (equal to 65% or thereabouts - can't quite remember). I found this a bit strange, but I am figuring it's because I'm not brilliant at maths. But how can 8 out of 11 make 20 out of 29 on the final results sheet? Any ideas would be gratefully received. Also, it doesn't give you the right answer but this may be because these are designed to be marked against criteria.

Looking at the two assessments I have done so far, both were multiple choice and I now want to explore an open answer format. However, I'm not sure this is possible or even outside the remit of Questionmark.

One thing I am getting rather excited about it as a feedback tool to tutors, a self assessment tool, and survey tool for module evaluations etc.

I haven't had much time today to look at any more in depth, and tomorrow I am teaching all day, so unlikely to get chance to go on it until Sunday night (I am off walking the Beer coastal path in Devon this weekend - wish me some sun!).

I will return to this with renewed vigour on Sunday.

No comments: