Wednesday 12 November 2008

Questionmark

Hello!
Thank you for your messages (posts?). I'm still trying to find an easy way to respond to your posts but I'm missing something somewhere - I will endeavour to keep trying...

My reflection so far of activities that we can choose - and I chose questionmark (see earlier post) - is that there is more to Questionmark than my first forage in 2003. Phil has put up a video from Questionmark www.questionmark.com that gives an idea of how it works. I wish I had seen this 5 years ago! It looks really good, actually, though I haven't actually done anything with it yet. From an 'authoring' perspective, I will be able to put up tests, surveys, video and audio to give examples, assessment criteria and a feedback area for students. The voice-over by an American woman, did put me in mind of Desperate Housewives, but once I dragged myself back from Wisteria Lane, I think there is more to Questionmark that meets the eye. The proof will be in whether I can manage to set up and do some of the things outlined.
I'm still watching the video - it has lots of tips that make me think laterally and then I need to think about them a bit, but this could be really useful for some of the formative work that I do with students in our media law module. I will explore and get back to you on this...

Claire

No comments: